Payment with: Money Order, Cashier's Check, Personal Check,
PAYPAL...? Contact Seller.
Please read our Store's "Terms" before being scared off by the Shipping Wizard's freight costs, and use the "Ask Seller a Question" link, if necessary. And please make sure the eCrater Home Page Heading displays the Stars-&-Stripes with the "U.S." notation in the upper-right corner so prices will be displayed in U.S. Dollars, not Australian Dollars or British Pounds.
If you have a John Deere riding mower or lawn tractor that you really like, but you are having gear-drive transaxle problems and don't want to buy another transaxle like the one you have, this is the conversion kit for you. And the $789.00 price of this conversion kit is 15% less than Deere's $932.20 retail price for their replacement standard-duty 801 transaxle!
Offering this new "Made-in-the-USA" Heavy-Duty 5-Forward-speed-plus-Neutral-&-Reverse 820-Series transaxle custom-built conversion kit with full factory warranty at a lower price than a replacement 800- or 801-Series transaxle kit assembly from Deere. The 820-Series Peerless transaxle is the heaviest-duty gear-drive transaxle available for vertical-shaft engine applications. This transaxle is factory-lubricated, ready to bolt-in and run.
This conversion kit was engineered to replace the Peerless 806, 806A-through-G, 840, 840A, 801-003 (A, B), 801-038, 801-038A, 801-039, 801-039A and 801-060 transaxles as well as Deere Transaxle Part Numbers AM801060, AM104573 and MIA10320 used in Deere 111, 165, 170, 180, LX172, LX173 and LX188 riders. It may also fit other Deere units -- see what transaxle is used in your unit.
Dimensional differences between the 8xx/801 transaxles and the 820 are:
1. The 8xx/801 uses 3/4"-diameter axles; the 820 uses 1" axles. Since the original Deere 3/4"-hub wheels will no longer fit, this kit includes new 1"-bore hubs and wheels. The wheels are 8" diameter x 7" bead width. Simply change your tires over to the new wheels. And yes, the wheels are white, as shown in the picture.
2. The position of the square-top shift shaft on the 820 is 1" farther to the left and 3/8" farther forward than the 8xx/801. For proper shifting, you will need to modify your shift linkage slightly (instructions included with the kit).
3. The axle housings extend 2" from the centers of the 13"-spaced mount holes on the 801; they extend 3-1/4" on the 820, meaning that the overall housing width of the 820 is 2-1/2" wider (1-1/4" per side). This conversion kit will include the proper spacers for the wheel hubs supplied.
4. The brake disc sits 3/8" farther to the right on the 820, but is in the same fore-and-aft position. Check your existing transaxle brake: If you have plenty of room between the brake mechanism and your frame, this won't matter, as the linkage travel will work the same. This 820 will have the correct Deere brake lever.
5. The 8xx/801-Series transaxles originally in the Deeres use the cross brace shown above the 801 at the top of my second picture to support the front of the transaxle to the frame. This is the shallower of the two cross braces shown in the last picture. The 820 below it uses the "torque straps" shown next to it in most mower applications -- one on each front corner of the transaxle -- as the 820 does not have top support holes. The torque straps bolt to holes cast into the lower corners of the housing on the transaxle and the tops of the straps bolt to the existing side holes in the frame rails. As shown in my conversion pictures, my 820 includes properly-dimensioned front braces to replace the top strap. Compare your top brace to the two shown in the last picture -- Deeres that use the brace in the background of the last picture will also need approximately 1/2" of additional spacer/washers between the tops of the new braces and the frame. Please let me know which brace from the last picture is on the transaxle you are replacing.
This transaxle has a 5/8"-diameter x 1-3/16" tall input shaft with keyway and snap-ring groove -- the same as the original Deere 800-Series transaxles, so you can use the Deere pulley.
The 820 transaxle has two sets of industry-standard mounting holes: The close-together holes are on 13" side-to-side centers x 1-3/4" front-to-back centers (same as the original 8xx/801 transaxles); the far-apart mount holes are on 16-1/4" x 2-1/2" centers (these are not needed).
For the technically-minded bidder, the Forward-shift gear ratios are: 1st) 4.55:1; 2nd) 1.50:1; 3rd) 1:00:1; 4th) 0.79:1; and 5th) 0.61:1. Input pinion ratio is 2.54:1, final-drive/differential ratio is 8.02:1, and Reverse is 2.00:1. This makes the 2-3-4-5 ratios the same as the 8xx/801 transaxle; the 8xx/801 transaxle has a 3.08:1 low gear, so the 820 low gear is approximately 50% slower than your original transaxle. If you need the slightly-faster 3.08:1 ratio 1st gear, I can either change 1st gear to the 3.08:1 ratio or add the 3.08:1 ratio as 2nd gear, making this a 6-speed transaxle; this makes the conversion-kit price $857.00.
An added benefit of this conversion is that you will now be able to use "ground-engaging" attachments with your tractor, such as a sod plow or tiller. And...if you use your mower for blade-plowing snow or gravel, this transaxle will handle it with less chance of transaxle problems.
This transaxle is designed for use on a standard Deere front-engine riding mower/lawn tractor. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE THIS TRANSAXLE AS-IS ON A REAR-ENGINE RIDER (where the transaxle is mounted with the input pulley, brake and shift arm BEHIND the axle) or you will have 1 Forward speed and 5 Reverse speeds.
QUESTIONS? Please -- before you ask a "Will-it-fit?" question -- verify the Model of your current transaxle. Yes, that may require safely jacking up your mower, removing a wheel, then crawling under the mower with a flashlight and notepad, as well as a rag, to carefully clean off dirt and grease. Most 800- and 801-Series transaxles have a small (1/2" x 1-1/8") aluminum tag on the right side of the transaxle, between the brake disc and axle housing. Thanks!
Being new, this transaxle is covered by the Peerless 2-year Consumer Use/90-day Commercial Use/30-day Rental Use Limited Warranty within the USA and the 1-year Consumer/90-day Commercial/30-day Rental Limited Warranty outside the USA. NOTE: There is NO warranty if this transaxle is used for competition purposes! A dated receipt will be provided to validate the warranty, dated to reflect its arrival at your place so you won't lose warranty coverage for travel time. Note that the warranty covers defects in material and workmanship -- it is not a blanket guarantee against abuse and mistreatment. A copy of the Peerless Warranty will also be included with the transaxle.
No sales tax if sold outside Missouri. Sales tax of 5.225% must be charged to a Missouri Buyer.
SHIPPING: Buyer pays shipping from Postal Code 64730 USA. I can ship this Item worldwide. Within the USA, item will be shipped UPS Ground Insured unless the buyer specifies otherwise. Item will be shipped promptly after receiving proper payment. This transaxle kit, ready-to-ship, weighs 75# (34 kg) and is in a box 34" (86 cm) long x 19" (48 cm) wide x 15" (38 cm) high.
PAYMENT Options --
PREFERRED: We prefer a money order, bank draft or certified check payment. We can also accept a business or personal check, but these require a 4-7 day clear period...except...we consider a check drawn on a Credit Union the same as a certified check.
PAYPAL: Contact Seller.
INTERNATIONAL: Contact Seller for details.
FEEDBACK: Our Feedback is 100%, which is good. The latest Feedback, however, is in December of 2011, which may raise questions. The reason for this is because we had to drop PayPal as an Approved Payment Method in our Store due to eCrater’s restrictions, and the only way Feedback can be left is if we show PayPal as an Approved Payment Method and the Buyer pays with PayPal through the eCrater Checkout. For this reason, there are no Feedbacks since December of 2011, even though we’ve had hundreds of satisfied customers since then. If you would like to get a referral from a recent customer near you, please let us know. We have nothing to hide, and your satisfaction is our priority.
Our philosophy..."No matter how many material possessions or awards you may acquire in your lifetime, the only thing you will ever truly own is your reputation."
Other Products from roms-peerless-transaxle-supply: